Welcome to Part Three of the Guide to SEO.
To be able to achieve a high ranking in Google or the other search engines you need to have a website that is accessible, has a good design, well written content and is easy to navigate. To achieve these things it takes time and planning but it is time well rewarded in the end.
For example would you visit a site that did not look good or it had no content on it. NO, so why expect users to stop on your site if it does not do the above correctly.
Below are the tips to make a friendly SEO website that the search engine will crawl with ease.
- Simple and Clean design so the user can see the content easily and be able to look around the site without any distraction.
- Follow W3C Standards
- Easy Navigation including a breadcrumb so the user can navigate forward and back around the site
- CSS Image replacement to help page loading time for the user
- Make sure your non-www version is redirecting to your www or the other way round or this will be classed as duplicate content.
- Friendly URL’s that are short and more relevant-looking links to web pages making it easier for the user to know what the page is about.
- Custom 404 page show the user knows an error has happened on the page but has been alerted and shown other pages to move on to.
- Block pages that you don’t want search engines to crawl so these won’t be seen on the search engines and get traffic that you may not want.
- Use heading tags so it tells the search engine and user what the page is about
- Accurate xml sitemap so search engines can crawl your site easier
- Use rel-canonical to help duplicate content and this tell search engines your preferred choice of a page
- All Images to have ALT tags to help with accessibility issues
- Meta Titles no more than 70 characters and that each unique to each page
- Meta Descriptions no more than 156 characters and that each unique to each page. Meta descriptions allow you to influence how your web pages are described and displayed in search results
- Sharing social media buttons on your site you people can share your content on social media.
- Keep pages fresh with new content
I hope this has helped any queries anyone has had about a friendly website for search engines. Please look out for part four of the Guide to SEO.
If you have any questions then please comment below and we will try and assist you here at Wida Search. For more information regarding SEO or would like any of our SEO services please visit our website.